Monday 2 May 2011

Nearly Time to Start

With just 4 days until I catch the train to St Bees and the start of the walk I am trying to ensure that I have everything done so that the walk will have every chance of success. I have recently bought some dehydrated food sachets that just need boiling water mixed with them to produce a "delicious" high calorie meal. They include - Chilli Con Carne, Chicken Noodle Hot Pot, Custard with Apple and Rice Pudding with Apples and Cinnamon. I can hardly wait.
As far as the training goes, I don't think I can do any more. I am feeling pretty good and completed the 12mile, Exeter Green Circle on Friday with energy to spare. I have to say that I intend never to walk the Green Circle again. Over the last 6 months or so, I must have walked it about 20 times;  and alternating the direction of walking from clockwise to anti-clockwise does not make the walk any more interesting.
So I have decided that my next long walk will be the real deal, being the first leg of the Coast to Coast, from St Bees to just outside Ennerdale Bridge, a distance of about 14 miles.

IMG-20110501-00023.jpgInstead of training, on Sunday I went with Jennie (my wife) and Jackie (my step-mother), to Blackberry Camp to look at the bluebells. It made me realise that I have become caught up in the whole training process and that I have forgotten why I decided to do this walk in the first place. My reason for walking the Coast to Coast was firstly to explore the lovely countryside and take in the magnificent views and secondly to prove to myself that I can do it. Whilst ambling around Blackberry Camp I re-found my enjoyment of the countryside and am now very excited about discovering new places and meeting new people.

As things stand at the time of writing, my sponsorship has just passed the £400 mark. I am extremely grateful to everybody who has been so generous. Knowing that I am helping the British Heart Foundation with every step that I take will help to keep me marching on.

virginmoneygiving.com/RobSetter

Take care

Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment