Saturday 14 May 2011

The lakes bite one last time

From Thursday 12 May 2011


I have now left the Lake District behind me. I can't say that I am sorry. At 8.00 this morning I left Patterdale and headed up into the clouds where my old friends rain hail and wind were waiting for me. They had a new acquaintance to meet me, called mist. The four of them were more than a match for me on my own. I soon got lost. I pride myself on my compass skills but I was floundering until some walker who I never got to meet shouted to me and waved through a gap in the mist. It turns out that I wasn't far from the path after all.




Having walked a large amount of the walk with others, I decided to keep myself to myself today. So for most of the 8 hours and 16 miles that I walked, I was left to my own thoughts. And whose better than mine.
This is a relatively short entry today because I am actually very tired. I need to get some food and an early night as I am walking 21 miles tomorrow.

Take care.

Rob.

virginmoneygiving.com/RobSetter

1 comment:

  1. Been thinking of you camping out on these very cold nights, Rob. As for your own thoughts, penny for them?

    ReplyDelete