Wednesday 18 May 2011

The legs make an appearance

Day 11. Danby Wiske to Ingleby Cross. 10 miles.

A short stroll of just 10 miles today. Not a hill to climb and the wind at my back.
I had planned that today should be easy so that I am fit and ready for the 3 long and difficult days that lie between me and Robin Hood's Bay.
Not a spot of rain has fallen and although the sun only appeared in short spells, it has been a great day for walking. I walked alone today which made a change.
Along the route can be found stalls that have drinks, fruit and chocolate bars with an honesty box for payments. Having passed a few of these without buying anything, I decided to buy a banana from a stall that was clearly set up by some children to raise a bit of money for charity. It was the best flavoured banana that I have tasted for quite a while.
On the subject of food, I have eaten more on this trip than I would normally eat. In fact I have scoffed like a Tudor King. But despite this indulgence, I am able to proudly declare that I have discovered a hole on my belt that has never been used before. Tonight for example, I am sitting in the Blue Bell Inn having just devoured a plate of white bait followed by a fillet steak, chips, onion rings, mushrooms, peas and coleslaw all washed down with 2 pints of Guinness.
I toyed with the idea that I wouldn't drink on this walk, but have failed miserably. However, I feel it's my duty to support struggling local businesses. Hic.
As mentioned in the title of this blog, my legs made their first appearance today. (Photo included). This didn't last long as the wind was rather chilly and I was causing rather a commotion, being chased by many local lovely ladies. Sorry girls, but I have had to cover up in the name of safety.



With a hilly walk of 21 miles ahead of me tomorrow, I should get an early night and an early start. So, I'm off to bed.

Take care.

Rob.



virginmoneygiving.com/RobSetter

No comments:

Post a Comment