Monday 16 May 2011

Bog bog blog

Saturday 14 May 2011

From Kirkby Stephen to Keld is 15 miles. It starts with a steep, steep climb up to the Nine Standard Rigg. This is a very spectacular site, but it was absolutely freezing. Then followed a stretch of 4 or 5 miles of boggy land that occasionally had some fun by causing me to suddenly plummet up to my shins in freezing slime. I made it through but my boots let me down.
I saw a couple of grouse which I was able to identify because of the adverts for ”Famous Grouse”. Other birds that I have seen are - curlew, wheatears, dippers, a wonderful group of thrushes and goosander. I have not been able to spot a red squirrel but I did see an adder.

Although today's walk has been shortish I am finding each day very tiring and am now off to bed.

Take care

Goodnight.

Rob

virginmoneygiving.com/RobSetter

No comments:

Post a Comment