Monday 16 May 2011

Into the lap of luxury

Following 9 days of walking in generally atrocious weather, struggling up (and down) relentless hills, getting lost, falling over, putting up and packing away a wet tent, trying to sleep in a damp sleeping bag and eating some terrible dehydrated meals, I now find myself enjoying a taste of indulgence.
One person's indulgence is another's normality.
The Old Brewery in Richmond is a small B&B come hotel. It has about 8 rooms and is comfortable. I hurried my walk a little today and as a result arrived at 1.00 pm. After checking in, I did something that I have not done in over a year.....I had a bath. I had forgotten how lovely it is. I even made myself a cup of tea and balanced it carefully on the side of the tub. Then when I'd finished, I put on my complimentary bath robe and fell asleep for a short while on my comfy, comfy bed.




Apart from a quick stroll to a shop to buy a pasty the Guardian and some salted peanuts, I haven't left my room. And I have no intention of doing so until breakfast time. The night life of Richmond will have to do without my input.
Sadly, I think that Trevor has had to give up today. Alfred's paws were too sore. I have thoroughly enjoyed their company over the many hours we have spent together.

Sweet dreams.

Take care.



Rob.


virginmoneygiving.com/RobSetter

No comments:

Post a Comment